42.195 kilometers: 30+ people...stronger!



30+ people...stronger!

Last night was the kickoff for Team Helsinki and our first fund raising meeting. It was great to meet the people at Bolder Options again, and to get to know a few of my teammates. Though the turnout was around 15, we were told that there are 30 people on the team right now, and we may even get our number up to 40! The more the merrier.
*
I think it'll take a while to get my personal fund raising stuff together (though clearly my web business is running), but it looks like we're set to do some excellent group activities in the same vein...Car washes, garage/bake sales, phone-a-thons, concession at Twins games, and more. I look forward to working with and getting to know teammates at these events.
*
Running hasn't been going as well lately... not because of injury or anything, but because it's been increasingly hard for me to get up before 6 am (the latest possible time I can wake up to make it to work on time). I'm not too concerned since I'm not actually in training yet, but still, I should be running. I trust that once it gets warmer and the sun's out past 5:30 pm I'll be re-inspired.
*
So, we're off and running... to the Finnish (literally).
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Ryan J Foss said...

I can't wait to watch you cross the "finnish" line! Good luck!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kate,
We (the parents) are behind you all the way! Wish we could be there at the "finnish" line.

 

Post a Comment