Since my last running related post I've been upping the mileage. Now I actually feel like I'm training for a marathon (and my nasty, blistered toes feel it, too). I've done another 10 miler and a 12 miler, and this morning I ran 15. I felt good through a little over half of it and then my knees started to hurt a bit and I was having some trouble breathing. Still, it wasn't enough to stop me and part of the difficulty is just being out of shape, I'm sure.
*
One thing I forgot about training for a marathon is how mentally difficult the long runs are. I got done today and couldn't help but think that on race day I'd still have 11.2 miles to go. This is not a helpful way to think, however. I still have quite a bit of time and training before August 18, and the hype of marathoning helps in those last miles so I'm not too worried.
*
What I am a bit worried about is fund raising... I haven't checked my off line totals in a while, but I still have quite a bit of money to raise. Thanks to all those readers that have already donated, and for those who haven't, now's the time! I've got a little over a month left to raise over $1000. I need to get creative with finding new ways to fund raise as well. I'll keep posting with updates for this, too.
This entry was posted
on 7.02.2007 at 3:46 PM.
You can skip to the end and leave a response.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment