42.195 kilometers: Getting Closer...



Getting Closer...

Well, it's been a while since I last posted. Things seem to be going decently with training. I haven't been running nearly as much during the week as I should, but I manage to do all the long runs on the weekends just fine so I'm not worried. I've already decided that I don't care about time for this one... especially because Twin Cities is just around the bend.
*
I had planned to do my 20 miler 2 weeks ago and ran about 14 before my asthma got the best of me and I had to stop. As it turned out, the air quality was terrible that day so it made sense that I was having problems. I was a bit disappointed but the 14 miles I put in this past weekend felt really good so I think I'll be okay. I'm going to do the 20 on Sunday now, I think, so hopefully that goes well.
*
Fundraising is still really tough... I'm not even half way there yet and I leave in less than two weeks. Barring some miracle, I'm going to have to keep fundraising after the marathon. I guess it's good that I've got another 26 mile run 2 months later...
*
Despite monetary disappointments, though, I'm getting excited to go! I got my plane tickets and official Bolder Options race jersey tonight and I've been making lists of stuff to do while I'm there. Hooray Helsinki!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment